The Written Unknown – Part 2


Addie DeCoste, ⭐Editor and Contributor⭐

(Before Continuing we Request That you Read “The Written Unknown Part 1”, as Attached Here

UGH! Sorry about that, I was getting chased and my connection died. Er, never mind that, that happens later in the story. Before we talk about that I was thinking we should probably continue our trip to the past.

As I was saying before I was so rudely cut off, It all started on December 13th, 1998. My Dad was down at the fishing docks, doing his job catching the sea bass and cat fish. Meanwhile, I was home alone trying to make a sandwich. It was super early in the morning, but that’s the way we like it. Mom always said that the Early Bird got the worm. Suddenly, as I was laying down the cheese and turkey on my sandwich, the ground shook. The sky opened up and the wind released a ghostly howl. The sea waves violently thrashed the rocks, and thunder echoed throughout the island. I was lurched from where I was standing with a BOOM! CRACK! Whoosh! All of a sudden, the ground shook again and I went flying just as I was about to cut my sandwich in half. I crashed into our small dining room table, the knife still in my hand. When I looked at my leg I had to stifle a gasp. I was bleeding. The wind howled again and the front door -that I was sure I had locked- flew open. I tried to telephone the police on the closest island to us, but nobody answered. That’s when I realized my Dad was still out there, in the storm and near the dangerous waters. I ran as fast as I could trying not to feel the pain throbbing from my leg. As I reached the dock, nobody was there. Hot tears pooled in my eyes as the pain worsened. I speed walked to the town center but nobody was there. Not even Bill who worked at the small Hot Cocoa shop in December. Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. I let my body crumple to the ground and propped my leg up against the old rundown General Store. When I woke up, the sky was a dark purple and scraps of wood lay around the town. Still nobody visible. I went home hoping Dad was there, my leg had stopped throbbing and the blood had dried. All the furniture had been knocked over, and my sandwich lay on the ground (still mad about that). Nobody was home. I thought it couldn’t get worse but, that’s when the Phone ran-

ERROR MESSAGE: CONNECTION LOST, Attempting to Reconnect. Estimated wait time: 10…